Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Pursuits

Spring, glorious spring! When she comes, I cannot get enough of her. With swarms of others, I succumbed to the lure of early annual sales. We jostled around the flats, filling our Costco carts quickly and jealously. Never mind that it is still 4 weeks before it is considered safe to plant. We want flowers, we want color, and we want them now! I justify this early purchase by telling myself that I could spend $40 in many ways that would not bring me as much joy as digging in the dirt and lighting up a corner of my castle.

We BBQ'd Nathan's kosher hot dogs. So tasty! The best hot dog I've ever had.
We walked, took and blanket and slept in the park, and had a fun springy picnic getting to know our neighborhood better.
The girls temperament seemed to improve with the radiation. They held hands, marching and chanting HA, HA, HA, HA. They twirled and skipped in the sunshine. Little Mother fell in the irrigation ditch and covered herself in cow manure. Yippee! I feel such excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment