Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hormon's Great Adventure

I am transcribing a book for one of my favorite authors entitled, Hormon's Great Adventure. You will never see it on your bookstore shelves, but it a masterpiece nonetheless. It is written by an Aspie (one with Aspergers) I love with every learning disability and thus is a treasure to me.

It is the most difficult transcription I have ever done because though the handwriting is neat, all the words are all spelled phonetically. For example: "jiyint" is giant, "fiet" is fight, "haos"is house, lokt is looked, voes is voice etc. Ladybug has been working on this book during her recesses and at night before bed. She has created illustrations and 12 chapters.

Reading causes great trauma and books are an evil to be avoided at all costs. For this reason, my free time today is spent helping this creation come to life for my little one. I can't wait for her to see her finished product, the result of many afternoons of focused effort on her part. And really, it is quite a fascinating story. What an imagination that little one has. I am grateful to find a way to get into her little head for an hour or two.

4 comments:

  1. I would read it! I would have loved to have really written and illustrated a 12 chapter book! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. Exactly right. Do another,prinsis, pirat or pil bgs!!! Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and extremely neat handwriting and nice gestures on the humans.H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That piece of writing looks like a masterpiece. The illustrations are awesome too! I have had fun looking through your blog and catching up on what has been going on with you guys. - Shannon

    ReplyDelete