Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Morning!!!

The dark gray sky tickled my mind and brought me to consciousness. Pyewackit leaped on my bed and began kneading my feet to wake me up. Soon, my feet met the pavement and I began my 4 plus mile training run.

The silence of the early morning run was broken only by the songbirds welcoming morning. The horses watched my progress with calm interest as they grazed, ducks startled, and woodchucks ran to warn their neighbors. To the background of my shoes hitting the pavement, I composed my breathing pattern. In two, three, four, Out two. In two three four...

I only passed 2 other runners. We smiled at each other with the knowledge that we were sharing the morning run together. Toward the end of the run, as I jogged down the hill, the sun burst over the mountains, blinding me and covering me with its warmth.


It seemed to be a silent benediction, affirming my work. The final stretch.... I see my house. I am done now. How about I stop running? My knee hurts. No. My mind controls this body, not the other way around.

Somewhere during my training, I have lost sight of the scales and think only of exercising my will power over my body. My excitement over doing something that never seemed possible for me is motivation enough. Somehow, I think this self discipline might come in handy.

I return to the castle, tousled and red faced. Ladybug has taken the garbage out and is eating breakfast. The hot water of my shower is a blessed refreshment and comfort. I treat myself to sugar scrub. The smell makes me happy. 8:25, I am out the door with Ladybug and ready for my day. Good Morning Everyone!!!


Brown Sugar Vanilla Scrub
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
4-6 T olive oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment