- Serenades with sly smiles
- Sharing a hymnal with a padded hand, trying to follow along as best they can
- Calling Master Tigress, Banana Monkey, and Master Liah in from saving the world to get ready for church
- Combing, braiding, and stroking soft clean hair
- Cards with praise for "fixing my bottom", "laughing at me when I'm silly", and "pretending I'm your pet".
- Artwork depicting me in a helicopter beanie
Mother's Day has never been about me. It is about my little women and my husband...the ones who allow me this tremendous gift. It is about a spouse who works hard so I can enjoy this fleeting opportunity. It is about children who allow me to make well intentioned mistakes on them but idolize me anyway. It is about a Heavenly Father who knows best who and what will give me the deep sanding that my proud and wild soul needs. It is learning patience, service, kindness, and unconditional love. It is sharing a life with others - encouraging and learning from each other. It is creating my own little AA life group. Its about becoming.
Though I enjoy my role as a mother most days, I love this day... to revel in it, to thank the Lord that I have this opportunity, to lavish all the love I possess onto my stewardships. Happy Mother's Day All you wonderful moms!