Monday, May 25, 2009

First Snake Day of the Year

Sunshine looked down and chuckled. Then she looked up. "Dad." she was popping out of her skin with her own cleverness. "I'm holding a weo snake." This is her first experience with her sister's honored Summer pastime.
The snakes have emerged to bask on the warm dirt and concrete in our yard. For the next 4 months, I will hear the doorbell ring. I will answer it to find grimy fingers pushing a snake in my face. What a growth experience for me. I hate snakes and bugs but wouldn't destroy my girl's excitement for the world. All the princesses love snakes. I have seen several kissed. Perhaps they have mixed up the frog story... no, I guess not. They kiss frogs too.

Some women get excited over clothes, others decorations. I get excited over great food. Today was the perfect day for the perfect BBQ. Ted and Andrea from an old neighborhood hosted us for a picture perfect evening. The food was so perfect that I filled my plate over and over.

We had Rib Eye Steak with Gorgonzola Butter, Market Street Salad WITH HUGE SHRIMPYS and GRAPEFRUIT, grilled corn on the cob and potatoes.

Oh, yum. There are some families of kids that just fit. Ours do perfectly. They love each other and get in trouble together perfectly. It's great to know that there are like minded people out there mindfully raising their children. The adults chatted and monitored Liam (their littlest) who found ways to get the the cutest trouble every time our backs were turned.

Happy Memorial Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. The food looks so so yummy I'm cleaning up drool off the computer!
    The girls found our first snake back in April, I dread snake season. I always think they are going to find a way into the house.

    ReplyDelete