Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gift of Friendship

In the cool of Sunday evening, Charlynn and I walked through the city, catching up and providing each other "brain clearing" therapy.

"My brain is so full of odds and ends... I'm really not sure where to begin." I said.

Her advice was, "Go have a few more minutes... meditate, pray, find peace. Then you will know which of your many mind cluttering things-to-do is most important. "

Her service did not end with her great advice. On Monday, little one in tow, she arrived at my house, looked at my deer-in-the-headlights look and began to supervise a declutter and reorganization of my office. Often, we get so overwhelmed by our own stuff we can't see beyond it. Two hours later, my face hurt from smiling so hard. With less clutter in my home, my brain had a little more room to think.

I like candles and hand cream as much as the next girl, but they can not compare to the gift of the two hours that translated to hope that Char gave to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so nice of you to say...I think I just might cry (happy tears of course). Believe it or not, that was therapy for me too, and it felt great! Why is it so much easier & fun cleaning & organizing other people's homes? I had a great time. We will do it again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete