The next day I brought my two little ones to try out with Master Kwon. Sunshine longed to join in so she bowed and asked the master if she might participate. They jumped they punched, they yelled, they bowed, they ran, and they kicked.
Three girls simply radiated joy and light. Master Kwon met with Briz and I to give us the results of his assessment. "Sunshine is strong, very strong. She has focus and discipline. For her age, she is by far the best. She is the best student I have so far here. Ladybug has focus, eager to please and will be at a high level for any athlete. Little Mother's attention wanders. Maybe it will be fixed by age or maturity, but I will train her as well."
Little princesses walked out with white uniforms tied with a white belt. They bowed over and over. Thank you mom for signing us up. "I'm going to eat more healthy. I'm going to do push ups every night to get stronger. I have to fold my uniform neatly to show respect." They have an assignment to memorize.
- I pay attention to details.
- I sit up straight at my desk.
- When we practice with targets I take my time and look before I kick.
- When I practice I put all my energy and effort into my techniques.
- I make eye contact with people who are talking to me.
- I keep the television off when I do my homework.
- I keep my hands up and look straight when I practice kicking drills with a partner.
- I listen and watch carefully when other students demonstrate their moves.
- I listen carefully in school so my teacher doesn't have to repeat directions.