Friday, September 11, 2009

Peaches and Football

Tired homemaker refuses to bottle peaches this year claiming they are unhealthy, expensive, sticky and make her arms itch.

7:04 p.m...

Football and peach fan turns on the game, adjusts the table for a better view and begins to peel. "How many cups of water to how much sugar?" he asks. "Light syrup." I reply. "6 cups water to 2 cups sugar."


9:11 p.m.

7 jars of golden globes slip into their hot water bath.

Tennesee 10 - Pitsburg 7

Gotta love that guy.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! You've got a good man there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful peaches. They are art in a jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like me! I refused to do any canning this fall, and yet I see all of this lovely produce and I keep weakening though I have not fallen yet. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great way to watch a game, maintain canning skills, and "love the art in a jar"

    ReplyDelete
  5. teamwork i say . . . how excellent! look how much one can learn from football! who woulda thought?

    ReplyDelete