Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hydrate

 This week's health focus:  I will keep my body hydrated and clean by drinking at least 64 ounces of water.  
It is hard to overestimate the importance of water to help our bodies run smoothly.  Water washes out impurities that clog our pores, store in our fat cells creating cellulite, and make a sluggish digestive system.  


When I really want to lose weight, I drink 3 or 4 liters a day instead of 2.  But in my current state of un-energized existence, 2 liters are great.  


To help me track my water, I measure it into my $3 2 liter Walmart water bottle.  When I leave the house, the bottle goes with me.  
Throughout the day however, I pour 1 liter at a time into my metal water bottle.  Metal keeps the water cold and it tastes better in metal.  But the real reason I allocate my water into metal, is that I like to flavor my water.  My very favorite way to drink my water is with 1 drop of peppermint or spearmint water and a couple of drops of vanilla shot.  Oh, heavenly!  Sometimes I drink my water with a few drops of Slim and Sassy oil from Do Terra.  It regulates the metabolism, helps the stomach and tastes pretty good. Water makes a huge difference in so many body systems.  I'll share another favorite way to drink my water tomorrow!


Do you have any secrets for drinking more water? 

1 comment:

  1. I can second that. It is amazing how hard we make our bodies work, and we could ease it just by keeping hydrated. I think I have been dehydrated for years and just got used to it. Now that I too am drinking water I feel different, better.

    ReplyDelete