Monday, April 19, 2010

Book Review Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado

As a book reviewer for Book Sneeze, I agreed to review Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado.   His writing style can be cheesey, but his insights are unsurpassed.

Facing Your Giants covers lessons learned from David, from youth till death.  I read a chapter a night, a savored each lesson, thrilled at the comparisons and found much to help me at that moment.  How did David face goliath?  And how do I face the giants I confront?  What is the spector that sneaks in my mind as I try to fall asleep?  David saw Goliath but he saw God more.  His thoughts were filled with the Power of God versus the power of his nemesis.  This was the source of his power when he succeeded in life.  In each and every failure, God ceased occupying the prime spot in his thoughts life and love. 

So, for life changing qualities, for thought provoking passages, for insights into the scriptures, this book gets a solid 5 star rating.  It is one of the best inspirational books I've read this year.  Let me know how you like it.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to reread this book. Perhaps I missed many of his insights because of his writing style. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone needs help figuring out how to deal with their own giants in life. what a neat book to do so. let me see if i can find this somewhere

    ReplyDelete