Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Naked and Ashamed

Ladybug plopped her backpack down on the seat and flopped down to buckle. "My show and tell went wrong."

"What happened?"

"Well, I took out my art kit the Great Pumpkin brought to show everyone. The big book was too heavy and fell out of my hands, open onto the floor. It opened to a drawing of a naked lady's bottom."

"What happened?" I asked aghast.

"Everyone just starred. I just sat down and didn't say anything. For the rest of the day I felt dumb. I felt like everyone was thinking that I look at naked pictures."

I couldn't help myself. I started giggling.

I think I feel as bad as Ladybug. We have a date to go through the book and make/draw clothing on any questionable pictures. But it is too late for Bug. She fussed, "I am mad at that artist. Mad at that book and mad at myself for bringing it." I added, "I am mad at myself too."

Guess the school won't be nominating me for mother of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment