Friday, December 17, 2010

Programs

One of the many versions of Jingle Bells
They came... the three Christmas programs I was responsible for.  Some classes did well, others shone, and others didn't quite reach their potential.  Still, it is over... and I am left with these debilitating chronic illnesses.  Was it worth it to push myself?  I don't know the answer to that yet.  I have the next several months to think it out.  I do know that I love being a part of my childrens' education, that I love touching young minds, that I both wish I had more interaction with my students and less.  My favorite program was the one in which my own children performed.  Probably because I had the most say in what happened.  I particularly loved watching them interact with their parents and grandparents at the end as they taught them the Zemmer Atic, an Iraeli folk dance.
Learning the Zemmer Atic

I loved seeing them laugh together and share in their educational experience.  Sadly, I had to leave just as it really got going as my next program (a play about the Christmas Train) was about to begin.  Celebrating together is one of the great joys of Christmas.

1 comment: